Paracord bracelets are great because they are fashionable and useful in a survival situation. If you are suddenly in a situation where you need to use what you have on you, you will be glad that you are wearing that bracelet. It could be the difference between life and death if your situation is bad enough.
Paracord is a type of braided string that is made to support a large amount of weight. It is designed to be tough and is often used in military situations. The Army has even been known to use paracord to suspend HUMVE’s from helicopters for transportation.
In the civilian world, paracord has become extremely fashionable by both survivalists and those trying to be trendy. Think about all of the different uses you could find for paracord in a survival situation.
- Building Shelter – If you plan on surviving in the wilderness for more than a few days, you will need to build a shelter for protection. Cordage will be helpful in building the base structure, as well as holding anything else you used together.
- Building A Raft – Every survival situation you have ever seen on TV has ended with people building a raft to escape, something paracord could definitely help with. Since that’s what you see on TV, it must be true!
- Trapping Food – If you had cordage, you could use it to trap animals for food. Without cordage, you will need to spend most of your time foraging.
- Fishing – If you are in an area that is plentiful with water, then being able to fish could be a life saver. Some paracord could mean the difference between eating and not eating.
There are several fashion items that you can carry around to make sure that you are prepared. They are all pretty cheap and are well worth the cost if they will save your life!
- Paracord Watches – Who couldn’t use a watch to keep track of the time? These watches have a normal watch face, but the strap is made out of paracord. Its woven together tightly so that they can fit about a foot of paracord in every inch of strap.
- Paracord Bracelet – This is the same concept as the watch, except there is more cordage because there is no watch.
- Paracord Lanyard – Lanyards are very popular these days to hold your car keys. Make one yourself out of paracord!